Proskauer's International Practice Group is pleased to present its "2009 Trends and Developments in International Legal Practice", our latest annual supplement to the Guide explaining the significant Trends facing global businesses and the practical implications and best practices for dealing with these Trends. Readers may download the entire report here or use the links below to view each of the seven individual Trends covered by the report.
- Litigation of International Controversies in the United States: The Trend Towards a Balanced Approach to Expanding/Contracting Jurisdiction and Enforcement.
- American-Style Litigation Reforms in Europe: To Be or Not To Be.
- Increased Involvement of Sovereign Entities in US Litigation.
- Increased Use of Alternative Dispute Resolution Techniques.
- Increased Risks for International Companies of Simultaneous, Coordinated Regulatory or Enforcement Proceedings in Multiple Countries.
- Vigorous, Expanded Enforcement of the US Foreign Corrupt Practices Act.
- Trends in M&A: Lessons from a Difficult Year.
Our 2008 Trends report is available here.